Welcome!

Thanks for visiting my blog! I pray that you get something out of my being transparent and that God will continue to use me even to speak to one!! Feel free to click follow or follow by email! Be blessed... and transparent!

Monday, March 26, 2012

Transparent Time..... Keeps On Slippin

And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? (Matthew 6:27 ESV)

I'm finding out that time change is a hot topic to discuss. Some enjoy it, some don't like it at all and some don't care one way or the other. I really don't care for it and don't see the savings it brings. It feels more like someone is trying to play God. But because my state does it, I need to adjust. This is the hardest thing to do! It seems that one hour change has such power over me and I am weak to fight the fatigue that surrounds me.

Its crazy how just one hour can bring about such confusion, sluggishness and loss of time. This year seemed to be worse than others I woke up dazed and even though I know April 21st is the shortest day of the year, it seemed to dredge along so long!

I realized that waiting can be that way. When we wait, especially when we really need the item right away, it seems so long from the beginning till the end of waiting. For example, my daughters both have their hair in micros. For those who don't know, micros are tiny individual braids that are done by adding hair to your existing hair, i.e., extensions in the form of braids. Anyway, they now both have these micros. I want them because it gives hair a rest for up to 3 months! The wall between me and my braids is my impatience, my inability to sit still. Let me explain, the braids can take anywhere from 4 hours (with two people) up to 18 hours with a really slow person taking breaks. The woman that does their hair, Ms. Sheeda, takes an approx. 9 hours to get their hair done. Sometimes a little less but never more. That is an issue for me! I cannot, no; I will not sit for 9 hours!! Now she takes a couple of 2-3 minute breaks of course for her and her clients but I just can't seem to muster up the nerve to do it! Its 9 hours!! I don't have that attention span to do it! Shucks, it's even taken me all month to do this post! But the end result is beautiful and lasting! Think about it, 9 hours to do the hair for 3 months of freedom to NOT do your hair... well except the occasional washing, but then its wash and go even then!

We take time for granted a lot. We use it to twiddle our thumbs when we could be busy promoting God's Kingdom, we use it to scroll and stalk on Faceboook (guilty) when we could be cleaning a room, writing a note to someone or even talking with or listening to God. 9 hours is a lot of time but compared to the 3 months I wouldn’t have to do my hair, it's minutes really! Four minutes per day for 3 months to be exact! Wow!! How much time are we wasting and investing? I challenge you to not only take a look at your time, but do a chart to see where you can change it! I did one with IBloom a few months back and it has revolutionized how I spend and look at my time!! 

This is not even just a suggestion from me, but a command from our God! The verse I began with not only works when you begin to worry about something, but when you look back at time wasted, you realize you can't gain that time back. We are also told NOT to have idle time in Ecclesiastes 11:6 (Sow your seed in the morning, and at evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well.) and 1 Timothy 5:13 (Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.) Let's honor His Word by doing and not being idle today. 

Lord, forgive my idleness today. I get caught up in the moment of what I am doing.... or not doing and lose track of time easily. Holy Spirit would you so nudge me with little things or big things to let me know I'm being idle with my time. Lord, would You show me what You would have me do with my time and give me the wisdom to be a good steward of my time as well? After all, it's on Your time that I breathe. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment